Scarlet Security Careers
Casual Security Guard - Iqaluit - Iqaluit Airport
Twilite Security Ltd., a division of the Scarlet Group of Companies, is seeking casual Airport Security Guards to join our team in Iqaluit, NU. The successful applicant will provide security services at the Iqaluit Airport.
Casual Security Guards provide coverage for team members who are ill, on vacation, and for unexpected emergencies, or in the event of project ramp-up. There are no guaranteed weekly or monthly hours.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited:
- Lock and unlock baggage doors airside
- Patrol entire airside aprons
- Check all gates secure and locked with no damage
- Ensure all exits and doorways are clear of debris or snow
- Relieve other guards for breaks gate from other areas of the Airport
- Record plane traffic and other pertinent information
- Monitor groundside parking lot
- Conduct inspections of mobile vehicle with checklist
- Respond to airport related emergency situations
- Control and monitor access to restricted area
- Provide assistance to airport tenants for security and operations related matters
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Reside in Iqaluit, NU
- Previous experience in a security capacity
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Transport Canada security clearance
- Possession of a valid RAIC considered an asset.
- Previous experience with Canadian Aviation Security Regulations, Aerodrome Security Measures considered and asset.
- Previous experience as a security guard
- WHMIS Certification
- Proficient in computer functions as well as Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Ability to work shift work in a 24/7 environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be driven by customer and personal service
- Proven ability to produce results within a fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork and partnership orientation
- A willingness to submit to an alcohol and drug test
- A willingness to complete a criminal record check.
Scarlet Security Group Ltd., is one of Canada’s leading security companies. We provide a vast portfolio of risk management solutions to a variety of partners and clients, some of whom are located in remote areas. Our diverse and highly qualified team members and relentless commitment to excellence provide superior results for our clients.
Please submit your resume and copies of all required license and certifications below.
Applicants who do not follow these instructions may be eliminated from consideration.
Scarlet West Coast Security Ltd., a division of Scarlet Security Group Ltd., embraces the principles of employment equity. We thank all applicants for your interest in employment; however, we will only contact selected applicants.